This is my Oregon Survival Kit. I carry it where ever I go because I have needed one or more of the items every day.
Flashlight and umbrella are the number one priorities
- Phone charger - cold and altitude sucks the life right out of a cell phone battery
- Hat - random snow storms
- Dry socks - cause it rains here
- Flashlight - I live in the middle of the woods and walk everywhere. It gets freaking dark. I've been caught without a flashlight much to my vivid imagination. Try walking in the woods when it's so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face. It's scary.
- Umbrella - most Oregonians think an umbrella is for sissies. Well, I'm a sissy. If I have my winter coat on, I don't want to swap out into my raincoat. I'll take my umbrella, thank you.
- Raincoat - for the same reason as above. It rains every day. Sometimes a raincoat works better than an umbrella
- Gloves - it's a damp cold here and I like my gloves
- Reusable grocery bag - you never know when you are going to stop at store
- Backpack - I've come to terms with the fact that I am a grown-ass adult who has to carry a backpack all the time regardless of where I live since I don't drive a car anymore.
- Bus pass (not pictured) - obvious reasons