Monday, January 19, 2015

Donut Obsession

I am a donut addict. Yeah, I said it.  I'm obsessed with donuts.  I don't need to eat them all the time but if I'm out walking around, it's hard to walk past a donut shop without getting one to-go at least.  My craze for the last few years has been bacon donuts.  Have you tried them?  They are amazing at most places.

Portland, Oregon

Yesterday I stopped by Blue Star and got the beauties below: Maple Bacon raised donut and a Lemon Poppyseed buttermilk. They were both delicious.  The sweet and salty of the Maple Bacon complimented each other perfectly. Blue Star is definitely worth another visit.



<----- After 6 donut-free months spent in Alaska, I got this heavenly Maple Bacon longjohn at Tonalli's Donuts & Cream in NE quarter. I will be hitting this place up again.

No first time visit to Portland is complete without a visit to iconic Voodoo Donuts. Again, a Bacon Maple Bar as well as an Old Dirty Bastard made their way into my belly. I loved the full strips of bacon but the frosting was too sweet. Recommendation: skip it except for the tourist factor---->
Joe's Donuts in little Sandy, Oregon has a version of Maple Bacon, too.  
Not enough bacon! The slices were too thin. Their other donuts are delicious though.


Chicago, Illinois


2 Sparrows was my first ever try of a bacon donut. This one was quickly followed by many more: Do-Rite Donuts, Dinkel's Donuts, my favorite Glazed and Infused and several others.  Glazed and Infused has THE best candied bacon on their donut.

No comments: